Mobile glass, that is, the glass used for automobiles, comes in two forms of safety glass. While these forms of glass may look no different than normal glass they are crafted specifically to endure immense wear and tear. Automobile Glass is shatter-proof, designed specifically with your safety in mind!
- Laminated Glass – This glass is made of two or more plates of glass with vinyl (cellulose) between each layer of glass. When created with thicker or multiple layers this type of glass may be considered ‘bullet-proof’. Laminate glass also blocks 99 percent of UV light transmissions, because of this, this glass is most often used for the front windshield of automobiles. This is because in the case of a car crash, should you hit the front windshield, the driver will not be ejected from the vehicle due to the strength of the glass.
- Tempered Glass – This glass is created by heating and cooling the glass in a tempering furnace. This process is called ‘quenching’. By heating and cooling the glass to extreme temperatures, it is left hardened, 4 to 5 times stronger than before! This glass is most often used for the side and rear windows of auto vehicles. This type of glass is cheaper to manufacture than other types of glass.
Who makes the glass we use in our Auto Glass Shop?
There are many exceptional manufacturers of glass in the automobile industry. Please read below for a list of those providers that we work with most frequently.
- Pilkington Glass – One of the oldest and proudest glass manufacturing companies in the world, Pilkington glass has been a leading manufacturer in the mobile glass service industry since 1826. They supply all the major vehicle groups including but not limited to Ford, GM, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, VW and Volvo. You can visit their website here: http://www.pilkington.com/
- XYG Glass – Also known as Xinyi Glass, all XYG glass products are DOT Certified and manufactured with advanced equipment to maintain the upmost quality product. You can visit their website here: http://www.xinyiglass.ca/
- Benson Glass – Benson Glass is on the cutting edge of automobile glass manufacturing, they pride themselves on providing maximum possible value to their customers by creating a high quality product. You can visit their website here: http://www.bensonautoglass.us/
- CMX Glass – Also known as Crimenix glass, this is a trademark glass manufactured by the Vitro Company. You can visit their website here: http://vitro.com/
- APT Glass – Advanced Process Technologies (APT) is known as a founding partner in the establishment of the regional architectural & automotive glass industry. You can visit their website here: http://www.apt.co/
- Carlite Glass – Carlite LLC (Carlex Glass), is an aftermarket glass brand recommended by the Ford Motor Company. All Carlite products are manufactured to meet OEM standarts. You can visit their website here: http://carlite.com/
- Mopar Glass – Mopar produces OEM glass exclusively for Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge and Jeep vehicles. You can visit their website here: http://www.mopar.ca/
- FYG Glass – Also known as The Fuyao Group Limited produces safety glass that is used in automobiles worldwide, they claim to uphold the highest standards in manufacturing and their products undergo strict quality control and safety testing systems. You can visit their website here: http://www.fuyaona.com/